Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Olivia's pre- pre- pre- school

Olivia and I attended our first day of "school" yesterday. We are enrolled in a program here called Early Childhood Family Education (through the school system). It's for children from birth to kindergarten. They separate the children according to ages and for an hour we get to do different learning activities, singing, reading, etc. with them. Olivia had a good time-lots of running around & playing. We sat in a circle and sang some songs and we happened to be sitting next to one of the ladies running the program. The short time that Olivia would sit for it, she wanted to sit on the ladies lap! It was cute. For the program they also have them do one specific project each week and they take alot of pictures. At the end of the 9 weeks they put together a scrapbook for you to keep. It'll be a great keepsake through the next few years to build on. Yesterday we did her footprints with paint and she loved it-she wanted her feet to be brushed again with the paint after I got them cleaned up.
We have also gotten involved in a MOPS group, a playgroup, and are going to be going to the gym shortly where they have "open gym" for kids to go run & play 2x a week. Although I am still looking for a job daily, I am loving staying at home and meeting great moms & friends.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE our MOPS group here in Story City. It has been a sanity saver. And it was a great way for me to meet other women in the community when we first moved here. I'm glad to hear you have a chapter near you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE our MOPS group here in Story City. It has been a sanity saver. And it was a great way for me to meet other women in the community when we first moved here. I'm glad to hear you have a chapter near you!